• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Laptops stolen with personal data, what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zachwagner

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Not sure if this should go here or not.
Nationwide insurance had laptops stolen, which contained personal data,including mine. I am just wondering if I have a case here. Anyone have any case law on stuff like this?

Also, I am not currently and was never a customer of nationwide, my only contact with them was one of their insured rear ended me. Are they legally allowed to maintain records of my personal information for that?

BelizeBreeze

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Not sure if this should go here or not.
Nationwide insurance had laptops stolen, which contained personal data,including mine. I am just wondering if I have a case here. Anyone have any case law on stuff like this?
A case of what?
Also, I am not currently and was never a customer of nationwide, my only contact with them was one of their insured rear ended me. Are they legally allowed to maintain records of my personal information for that?
Yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">