• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Larceny 6th and Accelerated Rehab in CT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ctboy

Hi, this is my first post here so sorry if it is in the wrong place. Here goes:

About a year ago, I was convicted of larceny 6th in CT. I went to court without a lawyer and I was basically told to do 25 hours of community service in order to have the charges "dropped". I did the service, went back to court, showed them documentation, and they sent me off. My concern is that I need to know for sure what "dropped" charges are. How do I find out if they were indeed removed from my record? I have no previous legal trouble, and I plan on applying to graduate schools this summer. I need to know that these matters have truly been resolved as I have been told they were so that I can maximize my chances of admission. I appreciate any and all help.

Thank You

ctboy

Thanks for your answer. Could you tell me if a dropped charge (as is my case with AR) is permanently removed from your record, or still visible in background checks?

Also, in terms of contacting the court, would I simply ask the person in the clerk's office?

If my questions seem stupid, I apologize. I've never faced anything like this before.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">