• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last paycheck an money owed from previous checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doveheart38

My husband has been waiting on his last check and additional money from previous checks(jobs that were not paid to n full) is it legal for them to give me his last check since he is unable he is in Colorado training to get his cdls

Eekamouse

My husband has been waiting on his last check and additional money from previous checks(jobs that were not paid to n full) is it legal for them to give me his last check since he is unable he is in Colorado training to get his cdls
Why would they release the check to you? It's his paycheck, not yours.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not only is it legal for them to refuse to give you the check, without his written permission it may be illegal for them to do so.

I don't have time to check your state's wage laws right now but they have no legal obligation to give the check to anyone but him. Suggest the US Postal Service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">