• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it to late?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

renoref

What is the name of your state? illinois
If you agre mediate a settlement, can you recant and wish to contest the small claims suit at a later date?

JETX

"If you agre mediate a settlement, can you recant and wish to contest the small claims suit at a later date?"
*** Depends. Some mediation or arbitration agreements are binding, some aren't. What does your agreement say??

R

renoref

Mediation?

This wasn't a third party mediation. We agreed to a set amount
of money at our appearance. I don't have the paper with me at the moment. I will reply later with the doc facts.

JETX

Something is obviously amiss.....
"We agreed to a set amount of money at our appearance."
*** 'Appearance' at what?? Where??

R

renoref

court summons

I assumed it was a small claims court appearance. The judge asked each party what was teir position. When we contested, he asked if the two parties wanted to go out in the hall and mediate the problem. We settled on half instead instead of setting a trial date and having to hire a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">