• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Late Paying Ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bennett9917

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR

I am divorced, and have been unemployed since late January. My ex, who is paying through the state, has been short and late since the state took over in November of 2008. The state has been of limited or no help. Because of this, our kids and myself have lost our insurance and I am constantly late or unable to pay my utilities and credit card bills. I would like to sue him for the late fee and resulting over limit fees on the bills. Is this a winnable case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OR

I am divorced, and have been unemployed since late January. My ex, who is paying through the state, has been short and late since the state took over in November of 2008. The state has been of limited or no help. Because of this, our kids and myself have lost our insurance and I am constantly late or unable to pay my utilities and credit card bills. I would like to sue him for the late fee and resulting over limit fees on the bills. Is this a winnable case?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I highly doubt you'd win that case.

If you re-post in the proper forum, "Child Support," you'd likely receive more answers geared toward what you really want: to receive your CS payments, and on time. Start here to find out about CS law in your state, and your remedies for "late" payments:

http://ocse.acf.hhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/report.cfm?State=OR

We generally advise folks to NOT count on CS in their budgets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">