• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit against Brunswick

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stmckee

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I was in a Brunswick Zone bowling alley about 2 months ago where I was playing pool. I went to return my pool balls and they informed me that my ID was missing. They looked around all over for it but had no luck. They eventually figured out that they gave my ID to the wrong person, the person they gave it to was a friend of an employee but was homeless and never answered his cell. Eventually they paid for me to go get a new ID and I thought everything was fixed.

Well on Sat. I revieced a failure to appear notice. I was in shock cause I had no idea that I had a court date to begin with. I called on monday and found out that the charges against me are disorderly conduct and possesion of an illegal weapon, plus of course the FTA now. I did not commit theses crimes. Theses crimes were commited by the person that was given my ID at Brunswick Zone. I have already had to take a couple days off of work and I will have to take off more. I was worried and stressed out that I would be going to jail for something I had nothing to do with as well as my mother crying all day thinking her son was going to jail for a felony weapons charge.

I believe that Brunswick is responsible for everything that has happened. I am wanting to sue them for at least my lost wages and other damages. Can someone please tell me if I have any sort of case. They are sending me something in writting stating that they DID lose my ID.

You Are Guilty

stmckee said:
I believe that Brunswick is responsible for everything that has happened. I am wanting to sue them for at least my lost wages and other damages. Can someone please tell me if I have any sort of case. They are sending me something in writting stating that they DID lose my ID.
Sorry, nope. There are a number of missing elements, such as "duty" and "proximate cause" (google if you're interested). Moreover, the club is not responsible for the intentional, criminal acts of the third party (Mr. Homeless). If you feel like suing anyone, he's the one to go after, as he's the only one you have a claim against. Of course, it's up to you to determine whether you really want to take him for all he's worth -- where would you put that refrigerator box, anyway?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">