• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

lawsuit for car accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Snowey

What is the name of your state?
Louisiana
Hi,my son was involved in a car accident in Sept. 2002.The accident was not his fault,the at fault person did not have insurance.We are going to take this person to small claims court for the damage to my sons car.
My question is what is the statute of limitations for taking this person to small claims.Thank you

T

Terry7

Small Claims Court.doc - ... 10 SOME SMALL CLAIMS SOURCES IN LOUISIANA Small claims are handled different ways in different localities in Louisiana. ... laws setting limits on filing fees and ...
http://www.la-law.org/Downloads/Small Claims Court - 2003 revision.pdf

It states if you have addition Questions call one of the numbers .
You could call your local small claims court clerks to find out.

the URL site i posted is info on small claims.

JETX

Why wait until the last minute??

If you have the total amount of damages together, file suit tomorrow. After all, the witnesses (if any) and even the defendant may die or move or file for bankruptcy in the interim.

File now!

Snowey

well, my son was out of a job and he has borrowed enough money from me :(
so now that he does have a job,he has to catch up on his bills .I was hoping in the next month or two he could pay the filing fee. I just wanted to make sure that he had time to file.Thanks :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">