• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lawsuit/magistrate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Please use the "edit post" feature to include your post's content. Do not "preview" your post before submitting it. There is no need to start another thread. Thanks.

Dpassar

I am being sued by a propane company for over $4000 in regards to a tank on a property I have owned for over 11 years. They are suing for equipment and lost revenue. We purchased propane one time when we first moved in and not since, opting instead for electric and wood burning. We have never formally been contacted by the company for the equipment. They did come down the driveway years ago in a large fuel tanker and my husband gave the man a hard time because it was damaging our property. I have no problem giving them their equipment which I would have done if approached by mail with a request. This was never done. Can I win this?

quincy

I am being sued by a propane company for over $4000 in regards to a tank on a property I have owned for over 11 years. They are suing for equipment and lost revenue. We purchased propane one time when we first moved in and not since, opting instead for electric and wood burning. We have never formally been contacted by the company for the equipment. They did come down the driveway years ago in a large fuel tanker and my husband gave the man a hard time because it was damaging our property. I have no problem giving them their equipment which I would have done if approached by mail with a request. This was never done. Can I win this?
Yes, it is possible you could get out of paying the propane company for your non-use of their equipment.

If you have not used the equipment for years and the company only approached you once in all of those years (and this was an unannounced visit), it seems the most the propane company could recover in court is their tank.

For them to remove the tank, however, does mean that your property will be damaged - and the repair to your property will most likely be left to you.

Good luck.

(thank you, by the way, for adding to this thread instead of starting a new one - it is appreciated :))

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">