• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lease Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EArt

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have won a judgement against my landlord for not giving me my security deposit back. During the process of dealing with her lawyer I was given "copies of my lease" which didn't match mine. They both had the deposit as being much less than what I gave.

Can I nail the landlord for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty?

HomeGuru

EArt said:
What is the name of your state? Florida

I have won a judgement against my landlord for not giving me my security deposit back. During the process of dealing with her lawyer I was given "copies of my lease" which didn't match mine. They both had the deposit as being much less than what I gave.

Can I nail the landlord for fraud and breach of fiduciary duty?
**A: ok, so you went to court and won a judgement. Why did you not present to the court, your correct lease agreement with the correct amount of the sec deposit? You could also have presented the court with a cash receipt or cancelled check confirming the amount of deposit you actually paid. And in court claim fraud and anything else. Oh yeah, you did not hire an attorney and represented yourself.

E

EArt

Yes, I represented myself.

The judge looked at my lease and and the letter saying they would send my deposit to me and ruled.

E

EArt

I cant get my money and I am hoping I can put them out of business so this doesn't happen to anyone else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">