• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Left Computer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tondi

What is the name of your state? California
My question regards step I can take to recover a computer I left at a friends house.
*Two Months ago I left a computer at a friends house.
*I called her the day I flew back to my house and she aknowledged having it.
*I told her that I would send her my FedEx acct number so she could drop it in the mail without expense to her. I sent this information to her within the week.
*After a series of communications which grew increasingly terse and her having moved to a new apartment she now denies having it. Suggesting it got lost "in the move".

Based on this info, Is there an opportunity to recover the cost of the computer through the courts?

BL

Tondi said:
What is the name of your state? California
My question regards step I can take to recover a computer I left at a friends house.
*Two Months ago I left a computer at a friends house.
*I called her the day I flew back to my house and she aknowledged having it.
*I told her that I would send her my FedEx acct number so she could drop it in the mail without expense to her. I sent this information to her within the week.
*After a series of communications which grew increasingly terse and her having moved to a new apartment she now denies having it. Suggesting it got lost "in the move".

Based on this info, Is there an opportunity to recover the cost of the computer through the courts?
Your flying all over the Place here .

Your communications are verbal ( called and told ) only .

Unless you want to spend the money ( maybe more than the PC is worth ) to try and recover the diminished value of the PC , and B ) The other person admits to losing it , and 3 ) you can prove the approximate value of it , you should forget it and move on ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">