• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

left stuff gave back says stuff is missing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goose360

georgia: thank you for your reply. it was very helpful, but i have another question. what if she gave up her " gracious bailment "? we told her were we would leave it and she said ok. she also called and left a message on our answering machine stating she would be by the next day to get her stuff. unfortunatly we were out of town and didn't recieve it till the day after. she stated to leave it out on the porch. we used safe care of her stuff and only left it on the porch when she said she was coming buy. so how are we to blame. when she contacted my husbands work to "tell on him" he was told to bring anything else that we didn't give her to his sgt. they said they were acting as a 3rd party. we forgot a pillow case full of clothes and shoes. he brought it up their and she was supposed to get it. his sgt said that she never came and he could not get a hold of her. so doesnt that prove that she is careless of her own stuff since she made an agreement with the army? it took us to contact her dad and deliver it to him and for her to speak up. that doesn't show safe care at all?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

goose360 said:
georgia: thank you for your reply. it was very helpful, but i have another question. what if she gave up her " gracious bailment "? we told her were we would leave it and she said ok. she also called and left a message on our answering machine stating she would be by the next day to get her stuff. unfortunatly we were out of town and didn't recieve it till the day after. she stated to leave it out on the porch. we used safe care of her stuff and only left it on the porch when she said she was coming buy. so how are we to blame. when she contacted my husbands work to "tell on him" he was told to bring anything else that we didn't give her to his sgt. they said they were acting as a 3rd party. we forgot a pillow case full of clothes and shoes. he brought it up their and she was supposed to get it. his sgt said that she never came and he could not get a hold of her. so doesnt that prove that she is careless of her own stuff since she made an agreement with the army? it took us to contact her dad and deliver it to him and for her to speak up. that doesn't show safe care at all?
My response:

Really, this is much ado about nothing.

Let her sue you. It's not all that much, and besides, she probably won't even show up to court.

IAAL

P.S. It's "G R A T U I T O U S" , not "gracious".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">