• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal advice for defaulting a land contract do to not paying property tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melmel32

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am I'n the U.S.My problem is that I have a squatter on my land. We had a land contract that they were to pay the taxes on the property every year . Well it has been all of seven years and no payment from these people. They have built an addition on the property and that raised the taxes.They are employed.I want to know if small claims court :town Judge can do anything about this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am I'n the U.S.My problem is that I have a squatter on my land. We had a land contract that they were to pay the taxes on the property every year . Well it has been all of seven years and no payment from these people. They have built an addition on the property and that raised the taxes.They are employed.I want to know if small claims court :town Judge can do anything about this?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: if this issue is in the 50 states of the US, the answer is no. This is a real property case that is handled in regular claims court. Notice of default, land contract cancellation and foreclosure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">