• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

let friend take over 4-wheeler payments, bank seized, now I am being threatened...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pooroodle07

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I am in a mess and need some advice. In April 2000 I let a friend take over payments of a 4-wheeler. I contacted bank and told that my friend was to come in to put in his name. My friend said he put the 4-wheeler in his name and said he paid the loan off. I trusted this man. A year ago I went to bank to open a checking account and found out that the loan for the 4-wheeler was in default. The friend never made not one payment, he simply changed my address to his and I never received anything from the bank because I had moved. I confronted him, I wanted a check so I could pay off the loan balance. He gave me a signed check which I deposited into my personal account. I had to use the money for something else that came up in my now hectic life, as I am a struggling college student. I wanted to pay off the loan but could not at the time. The bank has seized the 4-wheeler from this friend and now he is very angry, as I can see he would be. I told him I can only pay him back in installments. He has threatened to have me arrested for illegally selling him mortgaged property. I am scared, can he do this? Please help, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">