• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

libel on ebay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hr220a

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I recently sold an item on ebay. Two days after I recieved payment I shipped it. It took it a week and a half to get from NY to CO and the buyer thought I delayed in shipping it. He emailed me 7 times about the item and I responded to every one but he only got two of them. It seems they were going to his junk mailbox as spam. I emailed him copies of all the emails with date and header info and he accused me of making them up. He then left me negative feedback saying, "he has aproblem returning mail and is slow shipping so dont hold you breath wait." I have a 253 rating and this is my first negative so I'm very concerned. Ebay won't help and he refused to retract it. Could I take him to NY small claims to have it removed? thanks.

As far as as small claims court, I doubt it. What you can do is offer a small refund for him to retract the feed back. You can also respond to the feed back with an Explanation.

Antigone*

I recently sold an item on ebay. Two days after I recieved payment I shipped it. It took it a week and a half to get from NY to CO and the buyer thought I delayed in shipping it. He emailed me 7 times about the item and I responded to every one but he only got two of them. It seems they were going to his junk mailbox as spam. I emailed him copies of all the emails with date and header info and he accused me of making them up. He then left me negative feedback saying, "he has aproblem returning mail and is slow shipping so dont hold you breath wait." I have a 253 rating and this is my first negative so I'm very concerned. Ebay won't help and he refused to retract it. Could I take him to NY small claims to have it removed? thanks.
You can only sue for money; you would not be able to sue for performance.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken

Why did you not contact buyer via eBay instead of hoping you could get through an unknown spam filter? Did you send the buyer the tracking number for the item? You see where I'm going here? If not, you need to find a different hobby. Underwater basket weaving is very nice.

racer72

Get over it. Get use to running into an idiot every once and a while, you can't sue them all. I have an eBay rating of over 10,000 and have received about 30 negative feedbacks, only a few were deserved. Not one of them has effected any of my future auctions. Leave a response to the feedback an move on. No sense getting your panties all twisted up over such a trivial thing.

BL

You should have made it clear of the shipping method , and how long to expect delivery .

Honestly , I have never had to wait , or anyone buying from me over two weeks , with ground delivery , even .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">