• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loaned a friend Bail Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moon knight

What is the name of your state? HI

Almost 2 years ago, I Loaned a friend 600 dollars for bail money for him and his friend knowing I was supposed to get 300 back from each person. My friend had received the bail money for his case and his friends case.

My friend only gave me back 225 and i have yet to receive anything from his friend who used my 300 dollar bail money to pay for attorney fees. I have been pursuing his friend to pay me back and keeps saying he is going through hard times. His friend always hangs up on me or dont answer when i call him or ignores the emails.

There were 5 other people who were with me, my friend, and his friend when the two got arrested.

So my question is do i have a case? Who should be taken to court, my friend (whom received both of the bail money and gave his friend money to pay for the attorney fees) or his friend who agreed to put up his side of the bail? Also, if i have a case, what steps do I need to take to have a successful case.

JETX

So my question is do i have a case?
Based solely on your post, you have a CLAIM.

Who should be taken to court, my friend (whom received both of the bail money and gave his friend money to pay for the attorney fees) or his friend who agreed to put up his side of the bail?
Name whoever you actually had the loan agreement with. If the first party only, name him. If both party's, name both.

Also, if i have a case, what steps do I need to take to have a successful case.
Proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">