• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Loaning Money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ckyiu516

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I loaned the owner of a business where I currently work for in the amount of $5000 in December of 2007. He said he would pay back within a few months but he still has not made one payment. I have been making the payments for him because I know he is in financial stress. But I want to free up my credit to do other things. I asked for him to pay back a month ago and he said he would get it at the end of the month, but when I asked him today, he said he can only get $1000 by friday. What can I do? Can I take it to court or a civil trial?

Thanks

seniorjudge

Take the $1K and hope for the best.

OR go to small claims and take your chances.

Of course, you may not have a job.

ckyiu516

Thank you

Thanks for the advise. I actually dont work for him anymore, but I still work for the same business under different owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">