• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for Advice on Stop Payment Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gregs007

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI

I own a truck repair shop. I had a customer take their vehicle and give me a check for $1000 with no complaints. After cashing the check found out that he stop payment on the check. What are the laws for WI for stopping a check payment for services rendered? What can/should I do? ThanksWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

racer72

Call the police and file a theft report. Then sue the bad guy for the $1000 plus all the expenses you incur in your attempt to collect the debt. Or if you know a big Italian guy named Vito****************************.:D

seniorjudge

Call the police and file a theft report. Then sue the bad guy for the $1000 plus all the expenses you incur in your attempt to collect the debt. Or if you know a big Italian guy named Vito****************************.:D
Well, myself, I prefer Cousin Vinny, who can 'splain things more clearly.

Poster, also carry this check to the bad check unit of your local county prosecutor.

gregs007

Thank you for the advice, I did bring it to my local police, we will see how it goes and thanks for the humor, you guys really made me laugh with the Italian guys....;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">