• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking for help creating a motion tocompel discovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justrights

Heres my situation im in school and i was in the hospital for like 2 weeks with kidney stones. One of the things i missed was creating motions and what not so if someoen could help me out here id greatly appreciateit. I dont have MS Word and I can even find any info i missedfor the past 2 weeks!

Heres what I need: Your attorney has quickly drafted the following motion while out of the office, using the Windows Mobile function of his cell phone. He has e-mailed you the document and needs you to place it in pleading format, have another attorney in the firm review and sign it, and then file it with the court clerk today. Using the pleading template from Microsoft Word [search the MS Word templates], create this motion.

�Paralegal: Here is the info I need in the motion:

Justin King is our client (plaintiff). Anheuser-Busch Companies, Inc. is the defendant. We are filing a motion to compel discovery. Anheuser did not answer our Request for Production of Documents that we filed on January 14, 2008. So, we need to ask the judge to compel Anheuser to produce these documents.

Thanks for your help on short notice.

T. Rust, Attorney at Law

505 Justice Lane

Washington, D. C. 20002

cosine

Is this a post by an actual Attorney at Law who is still learning how to write a motion to compel discovery? Has he even managed to pass the bar exam without this knowledge (hey, I suppose anything is possible)?

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Is this a post by an actual Attorney at Law who is still learning how to write a motion to compel discovery? Has he even managed to pass the bar exam without this knowledge (hey, I suppose anything is possible)?
Looks like Paralegal classes to me.... I'd be asking my instructor.:rolleyes:

latigo

If there IS any truth to this yarn, then Mr. Justin King is in urgent need of finding another law firm with which to spend his $500 per hour. (And apparently in "Small Claims Court" no less.)

But I find it peculiar that I can't find a street in the District of Columbia designated as "Justice Lane". I found a "Justice Court" and a "Justice Road N. E.”, but nothing seems to comes up as "Justice Lane".

I even tried some of the maps and route services, AAA, MapsOnUs , MapQuest, Googlemaps, etc., with no luck. Apparently you can’t get to “505 Justice Lane”, Washington D. C. from where I live. So I guess I'll cancel my travel plans.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">