• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Looking For Payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

notpayed

What is the name of your state?michigan

I FILED A CIVIL CASE IN 1995 I WON THE JUDGEMENT OF $750.00 BUT DIDN'T RECEIVE THE MONEY FROM THE DEFENDANT I JUST HOPED HE WOULD SEND ME THE MONEY THAT NEVER HAPPEN. I CAME ACROSS THE OLD SMALL CLAIM PAPERS AND THOUGH I WOULD TRY TO GET MY MONIES IF I COULD. HAVE I WAITED TO LONG OR CAN I TRY ONE MORE TIME. I DON'T KNOW IF THE DEFENDANT IS STILL LIVING OR NOT SO COULD I GO AFTER HIS FAMILY MEMBERS.

BL

notpayed said:
What is the name of your state?michigan

I FILED A CIVIL CASE IN 1995 I WON THE JUDGEMENT OF $750.00 BUT DIDN'T RECEIVE THE MONEY FROM THE DEFENDANT I JUST HOPED HE WOULD SEND ME THE MONEY THAT NEVER HAPPEN. I CAME ACROSS THE OLD SMALL CLAIM PAPERS AND THOUGH I WOULD TRY TO GET MY MONIES IF I COULD. HAVE I WAITED TO LONG OR CAN I TRY ONE MORE TIME. I DON'T KNOW IF THE DEFENDANT IS STILL LIVING OR NOT SO COULD I GO AFTER HIS FAMILY MEMBERS.
Check with your county's Clerks Office, the treasury Office ,Tax Offices , Etc .
See if they have information on the Defendant .

No you can not go after the Family .

Look up How to collect a small claims Judgment or the clerk might have information on it .

If the defendant has Property you could if all else fails , file a transcript of the Judgment ( get the transcript from the small claims clerk ) with the County Clerks Office .

hbreen

You need to also double check the statue of limitations on judgments. Most states are around 10 years, so you may be out of luck if the judgment was in 1995.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">