• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Losing Patience

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stfelton

What is the name of your state? NC

I purchased a vehicle while I was living in TN in Feb. 2005 and I bought the extended warranty and gap insurance from the dealer. I traded in that vehicle in May 2006 and verbally told the dealer in TN of what was about to transpire and how do I go about getting my prorated refund for the extended warranty and gap. I faxed them a letter of cancellation for the extended warranty and gap, a copy of the actual trade taking place with mileage of the old car, and a copy of the extended warranty form in June 2006. I keep calling back to get an update/status on both refunds and I am told that they haven't looked into it, they have a lot of other things going on now, and to give them extra time. The last time I spoke to the person in the finance dept/VP of the company he told me to give him a month. Well, I have given him the month which has transpired into me waiting 4mths to receive my refund. I have called about 4 times this week and I cannot reach the finance person on his business or mobile phone.:mad: I have also left messages on his mobile phone and he has not returned my call. The other issue is the difference between what he told me my refund would be and what the actual extended warranty company and gap insurance company said my refund would be. The total that he quoted was roughly $1000 and the total quoted from the actual companies was a little over $2000. I also asked the companies if they have receive any paperwork from the dealer for cancelling the coverage and their answer was no. Please how long should I give them to receive my refund, what can I do to expedite the process, and finally if what you suggest for the two previous questions do not work; what should be my next step? Thanks.:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">