• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Luggage Compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thefreak619

I flew with British Airways last August from Bahrain to Canada connecting in Heathrow. When I arrived in Montreal one of my bags was missing. I filed a missing luggage report and left the airport. After two weeks I was informed that my bag has been lost. I filed a claim for compensation of my lost luggage. I listed all the items in the bag and the total cost, which was about $1200. I have just received a check for $84 as compensation for my lost bag. I do not have receipts of those items and the only receipts I did have were inside the bag. I sent them an email asking if that is all they're giving me, they said that since I do not have receipts for the clothes, and since they do not reimburse for electronics (I had 2 external HDDs and an electronic shaver), $84 is all they're going to give me. What are my options at this point? I'm obviously not going to just settle on $84 for an entire lost bag.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

justalayman

.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
well, at least you didn't delete it even though you ignored it.

This is somewhat universal though. Airlines are generally only liable for what they say they are liable for concerning lost luggage. You need to read their published policies. I suspect they have paid all they are required to pay per their policies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">