• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost Luggage, Small Claims? TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hafulton

What is the name of your state? TX
During the Christmas Holiday an Airline lost my and my daughters luggage. We followed every guidline published by the airline to file a valid loss claim and have fax verification as well as documents supporting our loss from their ticketing agents. They publish they will reimburse $2800. per ticketed passanger if the airline is made aware of the loss with in 24hrs, and they receive a Personal Property loss claim form with in 21 days of travel. (Understanding $2800. is a slap in the face as the value of the contents exceeded $10,000.) We met all of the above requirements however their Baggage Services Agent that took the claim forgot to enter it in to their system untill after the 21 day time frame so they are denying my claim. I have provided them copies of the fax confirmation showing there receipt of loss forms 12 days after travel, documentation from their employees showing it was reported as a loss the date of travel, and a file refrence # which can only be generated by their agents. They still say they are denying my claim because there was not a property irregularity report filed by their agent. Can this be filed in small claims court?
Can I file a claim for $2800. and my minor daughter file a claim for $2800.

JETX

hafulton said:
Can this be filed in small claims court?
Yes, it can be filed there... but expect the airline to try to move to state or more likely, federal, court.

Can I file a claim for $2800. and my minor daughter file a claim for $2800.
Depends. Was her 'loss' totally arms-length?? Did she have her own ticket in her name? Did she check her bags herself, completely separate from you??
If so, you can certainly try to file separately.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">