• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

louisana liens law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msfixit

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
I am trying to persue a small claims civil case, in court in East Baton Rouge Parish small claims court..I was given the info to fill out,along with numerous answers.The problem that I have is that the forms state that both I and the defendant must live in the same parish! This is impossible,since the defendant live in Mississippi.
The form explains for you not to call for more information,because they assumeably have answered all of your questions.
As of now,I have no idea as to what avenue that I should take. If anyone knows,please shrare the info with me.
sincerily,Kathy

Last edited:

JETX

If the defendant lives in Mississippi, then you need to sue him THERE. Even if you did get a judgment out of a Louisiana court, it would not be enforcable in MS without being domesticated to MS.

M

msfixit

Thanks JETX,You are right.I am getting the forms together now to send to my sister in La.,so she can file here.I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply.Have a great day!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">