• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

major ripped off by ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

K.S.Scott

What is the name of your state? idaho
my ex left here in jan he left a few meaningless things behind
nothing of real value now he is taking me to small claims court i have called him numberous times to come and get the things but he never has a ride he also has borrowed money from me in the amount of $2,440.00 and started to buy my van from me which we drew up a legal promissory note on and he breached contract on, he only made one payment and broght it back with $340.00 worth of engine repair work needing to be done. so he owes $1,100.00 on the van still.and he is taking me to small claims court ? should i counter sue him he has nothing to sue for he's on disability and probation. it's bad money or can i go thru the courts to get the money ? and can i charge him for storage? help?:mad: :mad:

T

Terry7

If you can prove you have reasonably advised him to come get his stuff and he did not,I dont see where you could be sued for that property.
As far as your counter suing ,him,you rightfully could,but even if the court orders a Judgement,as long as his sole assetts and income are a gov. DI,i doubt you could legally collect ,unless or untill you could prove, he has assetts worth anything .
I have heard on occasion if the DI cks are in a bank account,it can sometimes be taken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">