• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Malicious injury to Motorcycle.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pbjohnny05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

Hello I'm new on here so please pardon me if I have posted this in the wrong area.

August of 2010:

My girlfriends mother comes to our apartment and bangs on our front door for over half an hour. I open the door finally after hoping she would wear herself out and leave. She begins yelling even louder and at one point even smacked me. After about ten minutes of this i began walking down the stairs away from my apartment hoping she would follow and finally convince her to leave and not come back. She stands still at the bottom of the stairs as i walk up and close the door. Ten seconds later I realize that my motorcycle was parked right in front of my apartment and rush out the door only to see her push it over and quickly speed off in her car.

I alerted the police and a formal report was made. A bench warrant was issued and her arrest was finally made a little over two weeks ago... 6 months later...

Anyway, I have since recieved calls from the girlfriends sister and mother threatening to "get me in trouble" and "give me what I deserve" if i don't drop charges....

Here's the tricky part:

July 2010
I had just moved out of an apartment and was living at a hotel for 2 weeks while waiting for my current apartment to have my unit ready. My girlfriend was staying with her sister, the same one which just recently called with the threats, and invited me to come stay with her at her sisters house while they were out of town. I was assured she had gotten the green-light from her sister and figured I would save 120 dollars on hotel stays by staying with my girlfriend.

Horrible Idea, Apparently my girlfriend had the green light from her sister but not from the sisters husband who arrived home the second day that I was there. I apologized for the inconvenience and asked if he would like to call the police or if I should just leave. He told me to leave which i did in a most expidited fashion.

Is there any legal pathways that they, the sister of my girlfriend and her husband, can pursue for this honest mistake on my part? especially after not reporting it in the first place?

Sorry for the rambling please let me know if any other information is needed,

Thanks!

PS. I know this sounds just like Jerry Springer sorry

Last edited:

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? SC

Hello I'm new on here so please pardon me if I have posted this in the wrong area.

August of 2010:

My girlfriends mother comes to our apartment and bangs on our front door for over half an hour. I open the door finally after hoping she would wear herself out and leave. She begins yelling even louder and at one point even smacked me. After about ten minutes of this i began walking down the stairs away from my apartment hoping she would follow and finally convince her to leave and not come back. She stands still at the bottom of the stairs as i walk up and close the door. Ten seconds later I realize that my motorcycle was parked right in front of my apartment and rush out the door only to see her push it over and quickly speed off in her car.

I alerted the police and a formal report was made. A bench warrant was issued and her arrest was finally made a little over two weeks ago... 6 months later...

Anyway, I have since recieved calls from the girlfriends sister and mother threatening to "get me in trouble" and "give me what I deserve" if i don't drop charges....

Here's the tricky part:

July 2010
I had just moved out of an apartment and was living at a hotel for 2 weeks while waiting for my current apartment to have my unit ready. My girlfriend was staying with her sister, the same one which just recently called with the threats, and invited me to come stay with her at her sisters house while they were out of town. I was assured she had gotten the green-light from her sister and figured I would save 120 dollars on hotel stays by staying with my girlfriend.

Horrible Idea, Apparently my girlfriend had the green light from her sister but not from the sisters husband who arrived home the second day that I was there. I apologized for the inconvenience and asked if he would like to call the police or if I should just leave. He told me to leave which i did in a most expidited fashion.

Is there any legal pathways that they, the sister of my girlfriend and her husband, can pursue for this honest mistake on my part? especially after not reporting it in the first place?

Sorry for the rambling please let me know if any other information is needed,

Thanks!

PS. I know this sounds just like Jerry Springer sorry
Sister has every right to invite anyone she wants to her house. Se does not need her husband's permission.

You should also notify the district attorney about the witness intimidation.

Last edited:

pbjohnny05

Sister has every right to invite anyone she wants to her house. Se does not need her husband's permission.
Okay, This all happened several months ago.... The problem is now that this sister that said it was okay has now decided that it isn't since I'm prosecuting her mother and is going to try to press charges on me... Can she do that since its been nearly seven months?

sandyclaus

Okay, This all happened several months ago.... The problem is now that this sister that said it was okay has now decided that it isn't since I'm prosecuting her mother and is going to try to press charges on me... Can she do that since its been nearly seven months?
What exactly does the sister say she intends to press charges for?

Your girlfriend is living there, and you were an invited guest. The sister approved then, but has suddenly changed her mind and now is claiming that she didn't approve anymore? It's not trespassing if you were invited in by a resident or occupant of the premises. When you realized you were no longer welcome, you left without incident.

I have no idea what the sister thinks she can try to press charges for, but a trespass charge from 7 months prior would be quite a stretch to try and prosecute anyway even without the controversy surrounding the accusation.

Of course, all of the above changes if there is an existing restraining order in force against you by any of the parties (the girlfriend, the sister, or her husband).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">