• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Man working on my car, sells it! Please help me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

davidl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I wrecked my mustang, my friend turned me on to this guy i had never met who also does not work at a body shop but works out of his house. He came & looked at the damage & gave an estimate which was $1800, so i agreed. He took the car as well as a body of another car for parts. When he took it i mentioned to him that if he had other work then he could knock them out before starting mine. He agreed. So i paid him $1000 over the course of the next few months, got reciepts showing i paid too. Time past & he never touched my car, i got on to him, rushed him for months to start but didnt. Then he finally got around to cutting the front end & quarter panel off but stop at that, said i owe him more money & that the $1000 i gave him to fix the car was for storage fees. The man has no signs up saying such statement but insists i owe him! Then i go by & the cars gone. He wont answer & return my calls. I have the title, reciepts, everything what can & should i do???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">