• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maybe more of question on whether I can/should file theft charges.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kryzif08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

We took a four wheeler to my cousin, who was supposed to check it out and possibly buy it. He decided not to, so we were going to go pick it up. (He doesn't have means to haul it, so we were doing him a favor). My uncle called and said he wanted the four wheeler and would give us the money when he got his income tax return. Today I found out the four wheeler is no longer there, that my uncle did something with it. He has never paid the agreed upon amount of $300 and I wanted to know what legal action I can take to at least recoup that money he owes me.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

We took a four wheeler to my cousin, who was supposed to check it out and possibly buy it. He decided not to, so we were going to go pick it up. (He doesn't have means to haul it, so we were doing him a favor). My uncle called and said he wanted the four wheeler and would give us the money when he got his income tax return. Today I found out the four wheeler is no longer there, that my uncle did something with it. He has never paid the agreed upon amount of $300 and I wanted to know what legal action I can take to at least recoup that money he owes me.
Sue the bad uncle in small claims court.

kryzif08

Sue the bad uncle in small claims court.
Ok, so not to sound like an idiot, but what all will that entail and how much will it cost me? What if he doesn't even show up to court?

He's such a deadbeat. I should've known. Now I'm just beating myself up about it. Ugh.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">