• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Me vs. Salvation Army

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clogla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I had some items in my carport ready for donation to Salvation Army ("SA"). The items were on one side of the carport, and my vehicle was parked about 5' away from items. When the driver was picking up items, an item fell forward and struck my vehicle. The driver bent over and looked down at vehicle, and turned away. I quickly ran downstairs, by the time I got down there the truck was gone. I called SA, took my vehicle to the main office, the supervisor (?) took pics and said the ins co would be in touch. To make a long story short, their (SA) insurance denied the claim as both driver and worker present denied that they did anything wrong and did not cause any damage to my car. I have sent a demand letter and am getting ready to file in Small Claims. Do I have a chance? My word vs. theirs?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">