• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mech. leins

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

County Plow

What is the name of your state? Mo.What is involved in filing a mech. lein on a truck a customer of mine has that did not pay his dept, I have a judgement in small claims,and i want to get my parts back off his truck, Jim

County Plow

I filed a form with the state DOR for imfo. on what personal property he has and the truck i got my money in is not as of yet been registered to him, so that means he has'nt paid sales tax on it and so he has'nt titled it. but i did run the vin# and found out who it did belong to the last time it was titled. this guy traded it to a new car dealer on a new truck 2 years ago, and why that dealer did not title it i dont know. so can i file a leins against the last owner and have him not do anything about it and somehow get a title or can i have the last owner apply for a dup. title and then sign it over to me then go and get the truck with a clean title in my name(with the cops with me ). sounds to me like he would have no choice then since he has'nt reg. it yet

JETX

County Plow said:
so can i file a leins against the last owner and have him not do anything about it
From your long rambling (and CONFUSING) post, the answer is no. You cannot get a lien against property that is owned by someone else who is NOT your debtor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">