• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic's damage to my car -

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pearldaisy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Hi,
I hope you are well. Would you please advise me on the following situation? I took my Toyota car to a mechanic last October however they damaged my car by damaging the electrical system. I can no longer use the buttons on my key to open the door, my trunk suddenly opens and closes, and the buttons within my car to open and close the windows do not work. This occurred last October. I know it has been awhile but I learned that I have 6months/a year to after the incident to open a case (please correct me if I am wrong). I have the receipt of the work he did and when I visited the Toyota dealership they wrote a letter confirming the damage was done.
I have tried to visit the mechanic but the co-workers keep telling me he isn't available (despite the co-workers confirming in earlier phone calls that he will be there at that specific time). Would you please advise or direct me to help ? Thank you in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

Hi,
I hope you are well. Would you please advise me on the following situation? I took my Toyota car to a mechanic last October however they damaged my car by damaging the electrical system. I can no longer use the buttons on my key to open the door, my trunk suddenly opens and closes, and the buttons within my car to open and close the windows do not work. This occurred last October. I know it has been awhile but I learned that I have 6months/a year to after the incident to open a case (please correct me if I am wrong). I have the receipt of the work he did and when I visited the Toyota dealership they wrote a letter confirming the damage was done.
I have tried to visit the mechanic but the co-workers keep telling me he isn't available (despite the co-workers confirming in earlier phone calls that he will be there at that specific time). Would you please advise or direct me to help ? Thank you in advance.
How do you intend to prove that the mechanic caused the problem?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">