• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mediatiopn on 9-27

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

syskjw

What is the name of your state? fl
I have filled for small claims court and have recieved a mediation date for 9-27. I am suing for 3001.00 owed to me for sub-contracted work not paid to me. On On March 11 the contractor owed me 1200.00 for express deliveries. The contractor stated that she put the cash in my cubical but no one seen her come in our leave and she did not call me to let me know she was leaving the money. I made her file a complaint to the Post Master and on March 13 she paid me $500 of it and said she was working on the rest. I did work from April 15-30 amounting in 2301.30. Payday came around and she did not pay me and was not returning my calls. I went to the Post Master and informed him I was not doing any more work; but he however informed me that as of this day May1 he would cover me if I was not paid. About 10 days later the contractor returns my call and informs me she paid her bills with it and was trying to get the money. I told her to pay me something and make payments to me. On 5-15 she wrote me a check for $450 of course the check was bad. I go to the bank twice a week to check to see if there is sufficent funds but no luck. Of course the bad check was the last straw. I showed the Post Master the letter from my bank and they took the contract from her retro active 5-1 untill 6-30. I do not know what is reasonable to ask for in the medation. I do not forsee her disputing it because of all my documentation. I was thinkng $450 that day because of the check and garnished wages. I know it's easier said then done to collect and I know I can file a lien on the property and so forth and hope I'm the first one etc. But I stand a better chance coming to an agreement in the mediation so if she does not follow through I can file for contempt of court much easier. Any suggestions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">