• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NeedHelp80

What is the name of your state? CA

I was told by a medical billing place that I have to pay my 6,000 in medical bills in one year. I told them I simply can't afford that. They told me that I will be sent to collections if it's not paid in one year. Is this possible? Even if I am just paying them $30 a month? It's not like i'm not paying them, I am I just can't afford the amount they want. I don't want to ruin my credit for file bankruptcy. Is this legal for them to do this?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? CA

I was told by a medical billing place that I have to pay my 6,000 in medical bills in one year. I told them I simply can't afford that. They told me that I will be sent to collections if it's not paid in one year. Is this possible? Even if I am just paying them $30 a month? It's not like i'm not paying them, I am I just can't afford the amount they want. I don't want to ruin my credit for file bankruptcy. Is this legal for them to do this?
They are not required, by any law, to accept payments for services that were already rendered. They still have to pay their bills. So, the answer to your question is yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">