• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical Bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LiveLoveLife

What is the name of your state? California

On September 6 the Judge ordered my ex to pay a certain amount of unpaid medical bills I accured. My question is the Judge gave my ex 60 day's to pay or I could take any legal action to collect the money. Thats exactly what it said on my signed court documents.

Can I have the sheriff go to his work and get the amount? what did the Judge mean when she said I could take any legal action after 60 day's if he did not pay to collect the money?

Or do I send it to Family Court were they are already garnishing his money? I didn't want to go with them even though they would add 10% interest to the amount he owes.

I would appreciate any advice on this. PS. I don't have a lawyer, I won in court with out one.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state? California

On September 6 the Judge ordered my ex to pay a certain amount of unpaid medical bills I accured. My question is the Judge gave my ex 60 day's to pay or I could take any legal action to collect the money. Thats exactly what it said on my signed court documents.

Can I have the sheriff go to his work and get the amount? what did the Judge mean when she said I could take any legal action after 60 day's if he did not pay to collect the money?

Or do I send it to Family Court were they are already garnishing his money? I didn't want to go with them even though they would add 10% interest to the amount he owes.

I would appreciate any advice on this. PS. I don't have a lawyer, I won in court with out one.

In what forum was the judgment given to you? Was it part of a family court judgment, a civil judgment? a small claims judgment?

p.s. in CA, there is 10% added to civil judgments also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">