• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medical judgment/truck with lien prior to judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jackjack00707

I have a judgment for medical bills against me for nonpayment and the only tangible assest I own is a truck with a lien on the title ( at time of purchase )for the amount of the truck from the person who helped me get the truck in south dakota and the judgment was filed in south dakota so does the title lien protect the intrests of the lien holder on my truck or is the lien against the truck zero protection from judgment if they persue further action to sieze property.

racer72

It depends on the value of the truck and how much you owe. Your state has a $4000 exemption, if the differerence between what you owe on the truck and it's value is less than the exemption, it can't be taken.

jackjack00707

title lein 6k truck value 2,500-4,555.00 depending on NADA or Kelly blue book in its current condition-judgement 7020.16 for now

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">