• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

menacing road rage pointed gun

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thegaylester77

What is the name of your state?ky
hello i am going through district court. while delivering pizzas a man cut me off. he flipped me off and refused to let me pass or get behind him and then pointed a gun at me. I called the cops they ran his tags, he had already went back home. if the officer had cought him on the road he would have been arrested. i had to swear out a warrent or summons at the county attnys office. he was served with court papers. we went to court the attny asked what i would like to happen.I said he could go to anger mgmt,he refused to go to anger mgmt.. when i win in district court can i sue his butt in small claims?(PAIN,SUFFERING,MENTAL TORTURE) he has ordered pizzas from my job, i almost delivered it. i remembered his address. im always looking for him at my job at my home at night. he knows all these things about me. thank you for your time and help :confused: :mad:

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

Have you thought about getting a restraining order?
If he was ordered to anger management, hoe do you know he hasn't gone? Is the court aware?
If you were to sue him, how would you collect?

tijerin

Uh, pointing a gun at you? Sounds like a criminal thing to me. I'd call the cops (unless it's not against the law to assault someone) Assault is the threat. Were you scared? Then it's assault. Either way it's hard to believe that it's not criminal to point a gun at someone no matter what state you're in (unless you're a police officer, acting in the line of duty).

thegaylester77

menacing

stephenk said:
Sue him for what? state your damages.
I am always looking for him to be at my job or my home. The hell of the whole thing. I thought he was going to kill me. I offered for him to go to anger mgmt., not the court. We appear in court and they move the court dates. I live in Hopkinsville Ky.. Thank you and have a good day

thegaylester77

menacing

rmet4nzkx said:
Have you thought about getting a restraining order?
If he was ordered to anger management, hoe do you know he hasn't gone? Is the court aware?
If you were to sue him, how would you collect?
I havent thought of a restraing order. We are in a pissing contest, they think that I can be worn down. I dont know. I told the county attny: that I had nothing but time. We have been to court a few times, I was the one who suggested he go to anger mgmt.. I dont want him to pop up on me somewhere. The police report gave him my name address and where i work. Thank you for your time and have a blessed day. HOPKINSVILLE KY

thegaylester77

menacing

tijerin said:
Uh, pointing a gun at you? Sounds like a criminal thing to me. I'd call the cops (unless it's not against the law to assault someone) Assault is the threat. Were you scared? Then it's assault. Either way it's hard to believe that it's not criminal to point a gun at someone no matter what state you're in (unless you're a police officer, acting in the line of duty).
When he pointed the gun at me, and didnt shoot and kill me, made it menacing. (CLASS B) I did call the cops thats how we got to where we are now. I was scared, Im always looking over my shoulder. In the police report it game my name address and where i worked. I had just delivered a pizza and was on my way back to the store. We havent went to trial yet. They keep making court dates and moving the dates when you get there. I think we are having a pissing contest,they think i will miss a court date so they can throw it out. I offered for him to go to anger mgmt.. Thank you for your time and take care of you and yours. HOPKINSVILLE KY

JETX

thegaylester77 said:
hello i am going through district court.
And what EXACTLY does that mean??? Were you charged with a crime?? Why are you in District Court??

while delivering pizzas a man cut me off. he flipped me off and refused to let me pass or get behind him and then pointed a gun at me. he was served with court papers.
Papers for what??? 'Court papers' are normally not 'served' on a suspect to a criminal act.

we went to court.I said he could go to anger mgmt,he refused to go to anger mgmt.
How are YOU getting any say in what 'punishment' may be handed out to the other person??

when i win in district court can i sue his butt in small claims?(PAIN,SUFFERING,MENTAL TORTURE)
Again, what do you mean?? Is your district court case a civil or criminal matter??
If civil, then you can't later pursue damages for the same incident.
If criminal, then once he is convicted, you can use that to support a civil claim against him. However, you have provided NOTHING to support a claim of 'pain, suffering or mental torture'!!

Needless to say, your post is confusing.

thegaylester77

JETX said:
And what EXACTLY does that mean??? Were you charged with a crime?? Why are you in District Court??

Papers for what??? 'Court papers' are normally not 'served' on a suspect to a criminal act.

How are YOU getting any say in what 'punishment' may be handed out to the other person??

Again, what do you mean?? Is your district court case a civil or criminal matter??
If civil, then you can't later pursue damages for the same incident.
If criminal, then once he is convicted, you can use that to support a civil claim against him. However, you have provided NOTHING to support a claim of 'pain, suffering or mental torture'!!

Needless to say, your post is confusing.
im sorry for confusing you. the police officer who talked to me that night told me to go to the county attny office and swear out a warrant.the officer did not find the man that pointed the gun at me on the road, he(the man) had turned around and went back home. the officer did question the man,at his home and said he was a drunken nut. the officer said if he had cought him on the road he could have arrested him.when i went to swear out a warrant,the county attny told me it was a class b mister menor. when this all went to court the first time the attny asked me what would i like to see happen,I SAID ANGER MGMT.hmm pain suffering or mental torture, i piss my pants when i see a car at my job that looks like his. i have nightmares that he will kill me. since he knows where i live im always looking for him,even in the middle of the night. more than a normal person im always on the look out for him. it gets really bad after a court appearance. he could get 90 days or probation thats all i know.HOPKINSVILLE KY thank you for your time

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">