• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

min wait time to file for nsf check in pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pac72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? pa

is there a min wait time i must let elapse before filing small claims against former employer for nsf check ? have recieved the nsf notice from my bank already. and from what i found-am i correct in having to file at the nearest magistrate to where his buisness is listed/registered at ?

swalsh411

While there is certainly nothing preventing you from suing you may receive a faster resolution by filing an unpaid wages complaint with the PA Dept of Labor & Industry. Also, have you informed them of the bad check and given them an opportunity to make it right?

If you are thinking you won the lawsuit lottery think again.

pac72

i have contacted the pa dol..filled out online complaint for some illegal
deductions he made..but havent heard from the state yet ( filed last monday )

seeing that process may take months..i was just going to go after him civally for the nsf amount and let the state handle the illegal deductions..

and when i talk to the state investigator im also bring up some more daily unpaid time..we were required to report in by 7 am for a daily meeting which
said we were unpaid for- which would usually go on till we left at 8- 8.30 am
( it was prep time to contact customers)

isnt a manditory time for work related work to be paid ? when you have a manditory report time ?

( and i am looking to make this as annoying as i can legally to him.)

swalsh...the check was nsf monday morning at his bank..payday was friday - and due to them mishandling the check i didnt get it in my posession till sunday..
( and i heard thru the grapevine most/all of his payroll checks were nsf ) and my ex supervisor was contacted and said his was bad too...so he knows

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">