• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mishandling personal information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ryanfarmer21

I am located in North Carolina. My girlfriend went into Verizon today to get a new phone. After leaving, she received a text message from one of the team members asking her to go out with him. He stressed that he retrieved the number from one of the sales associates. I know this is morally wrong but is it legal? Thank you in advance.

Proserpina

I am located in North Carolina. My girlfriend went into Verizon today to get a new phone. After leaving, she received a text message from one of the team members asking her to go out with him. He stressed that he retrieved the number from one of the sales associates. I know this is morally wrong but is it legal? Thank you in advance.
Not illegal, but completely lousy form. Girlfriend might want to let his boss know.

Ryanfarmer21

Soooo

Ok, so even though this creeper has your phone number and address, there is no legal action to take? I'm not the type that is quick to pull the trigger on a lawsuit but... I mean.. Cmon

Proserpina

Ok, so even though this creeper has your phone number and address, there is no legal action to take? I'm not the type that is quick to pull the trigger on a lawsuit but... I mean.. Cmon

You do understand that you have no dog in this (non)fight, right?

Pick one of these to say to your girlfriend:

1. Sue him, babe! $85,000,000.48! (don't forget the 48 cents - it's critical)

2. Yeah ... babe? You sure you didn't give him your number? Hmmmm.....

Silverplum

You do understand that you have no dog in this (non)fight, right?

Pick one of these to say to your girlfriend:

1. Sue him, babe! $85,000,000.48! (don't forget the 48 cents - it's critical)

2. Yeah ... babe? You sure you didn't give him your number? Hmmmm.....
Dangit, your answer is SO MUCH BETTER than mine!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">