• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mislead by a Dentist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hopet

I live in Texas, I visited a dentists office and the dentist did work on my teeth that was cosmetic. He did not tell me that he was doing cosmetic work or that it costs more and is not covered by insurance. At the time I visited the dentists office I was only 17 years old which means I was a minor, and they knew this because i had put my birthdate on the new patient paper work. Well they have ended up billing me almost $1000.00 of what my insurance did not cover, People have told me that they cannot follow through with the billing because there was no adult present at the time he was working on my teeth. Do I have a case and can I get back 500.00 that I already paid them?

HomeGuru

hopet said:
I live in Texas, I visited a dentists office and the dentist did work on my teeth that was cosmetic. He did not tell me that he was doing cosmetic work or that it costs more and is not covered by insurance. At the time I visited the dentists office I was only 17 years old which means I was a minor, and they knew this because i had put my birthdate on the new patient paper work. Well they have ended up billing me almost $1000.00 of what my insurance did not cover, People have told me that they cannot follow through with the billing because there was no adult present at the time he was working on my teeth.

**A: was the dentist a minor at the time? The dentist was the adult present.

Do I have a case and can I get back 500.00 that I already paid them?

**A: yes, if you return your teeth under the implied warranty of useability and fitness of a particular purpose of the Texas Defective Trade and Teeth Practices Act.

H

hopet

ha ha very funny

The dentist replaced about 3 mercury fillings on the left side of my mouth, he replaced them with white fillings i was supposed to go back and get my right side done but I never returned because of what they charged me when i left the first time which was nearly 500.00 dollars.The dentist really did not do nearly 1000.00 of work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">