• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misrepresented eBay item - want refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lymtle

What is the name of your state? California
The eBay seller described a LV wallet as being authentic on her auction. After being the highest bidder & paying $313, I recved the wallet. I took the wallet to an LV boutique to have it examined for authenticity. I was informed that the wallet was NOT authentic for several reasons.For example, 1)No 6 digit serial# imprinted in black ink anywhere on the wallet. 2)The LV should never be cut off anywhere on the wallet.On the back coin purse side, there are 2 LV that are cut in half. 3)The stitching used is much wider than normal & a different kind of thread was used on the wallet I recvd fr seller.I sent an email to the seller listing 9 reasons why the wallet was not real and I asked for a refund. Seller wrote back on 5/28/03 agreeing to refund me $290. However, seller has not followed through w/the refund. I left several vmails and emails but no response. I tried on line negotiation using Square Trade but issue was not resolved. Asked seller to participate in online mediation but she refused.
BTW, seller didnt state anywhere on auction that there was no refund or final sale.I would like to get my money back asap. I dont want to give up either because I dont want seller to think she can continue doing this to others. Only step now is small claims, but not sure where to file? Seller lives in Auburn Washington and the wallet is now with me in San Mateo California. If I have to file in WA, then I will incur travel expenses related to court appearance. Can I sue the seller for travel expenses on top of the wallet price in small claims court? Any advice is appreciated.

stephenk

your travel costs are not part of your claim.

how did you pay for the wallet?

how was the wallet described in the auction?

did you report the bad sale to Ebay?

L

lymtle

I paid with a credit card through a service called Pay Pal. Can I report this to the credit card company?

Here is an excerpt of the auction description:

this is a AUTHENTIC , 99% new LV french purse. I only used it for ONE time!!! You will believe that if you win. It is a greatest gift for self ,friends or parents. The original price is 480.00 at the LV store. Serial # is inside.
----------------------------------------------------------
As I mentioned before, there is NO serial # imprinted anywhere on the wallet.

I have not left the seller negative feedback on her profile in eBay because I wanted to work this out with her. Also, if I leave neg feedback it will be permanent.

Thank you for your time.

JETX

djohnson is correct. Simply dispute the charge on your credit card. You must do this in writing within 60 days of receiving the bill showing the charge.

Also, print out the ebay ad. Ebay removes the ads after about 90 days and you may need the ad for any litigation.

L

lymtle

Thank you everyone for your thoughts on this matter. Sounds like my best bet is to have the credit card company reverse the charges. Wish me luck!!! Now, I will go ahead and leave negative feedback on this seller's profile to warn all others.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">