• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misuse of credit card OR was it a Gift?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j046

I live in Ohio. A very rich "friend" of mine gave my two other friends and I his credit card to go on a weekend trip to Cincinnati. He (rich guy) made our hotel reservations and told us to show the card to the hotel to confirm our reservations. Also, I was under the impression that he had given us the credit card to use for entertainment, food and drink. (Just like when Rich guy paid for our entire trip to Mexico last year.) We used the card freely and racked up a rather large bill, $1,500. Now rich guy has filed a lawsuit against me for the credit card bill. Do I have any legal defenses?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Not really. Did he say you could rack up a $1500 bill or did you just assume you could? Assuming means nothing in the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">