• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold in Condo I sold

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

waxman

What is the name of your state? California

I recently sold my Condo, and a few months later the new owner was remodelling the bathroom and found mold damage and their estimate to fix it was $7900.

Before selling the house to them, the hired an inspector and they found a few minor things wrong, and each item was taken care of before close of escrow. As far as the mold damage, this is something that I was not aware of and did not hide from the buyer.

They have taken me to small claims court and are asking for the maximum $5000 award.

What are my chances of winning, and what should I be concerned about when meeting with the judge?

Thanks,

waxman.

JETX

"What are my chances of winning,"
*** Your chances of winning are somewhere between zero and 100. In reality, no one can answer this for you, especially without the opportunity to review ALL the facts, yours and theirs.

"and what should I be concerned about when meeting with the judge?"
*** If you meet him at a party, be sure to introduce yourself and shake his hand. If you meet him because the two of you have an auto accident, I would suggest you exchange license and insurance information. If you meet him on the street and no one introduces you, you can either introduce yourself or just keep on walking.

JETX

Nope. We just answer the questions YOU ask. If you ask a stupid or incomplete question, you get a stupid or incomplete answer.
Pretty simply, huh??

W

waxman

More than likely you are a troll and a smart-ass!!!

People wouldn't be posting on this board if they had all the answers and knew the perfect way to ask a legal question.

Find another board to troll on pal.

You aren't welcome in my thread!

Waxman.

JETX

And I think your thread is dead. As shown by your attempt to repost your item again. And yes, that one was caught also.
:D

W

waxman

Trolls abound

and a troll says....

"What are my chances of winning,"
*** Your chances of winning are somewhere between zero and 100. In reality, no one can answer this for you, especially without the opportunity to review ALL the facts, yours and theirs.

"and what should I be concerned about when meeting with the judge?"
*** If you meet him at a party, be sure to introduce yourself and shake his hand. If you meet him because the two of you have an auto accident, I would suggest you exchange license and insurance information. If you meet him on the street and no one introduces you, you can either introduce yourself or just keep on walking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">