• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mold inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

girl48sfv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I contacted a mold remediation company to do an inspection in my apartment.
Originally they were to come out on a Friday between 8am 1nd 10 am. My direct deposit of funds had not come in as expected so when they contacted me that Friday so we rescheduled for the next day which was Saturday at the same time. They came and did the inspection as agreed.

When I first contacted them I told them that I had to have the the report (including lab results) for court the following Tuesday morning which was my trial date. I was assured that it wouldnt be a problem.

I waited on the reuslts and when I had no contact by Monday evening I conatacted the technician who said he had it on his home computer and would email it to me by 7am. I started calling at 7am when it wasnt in my email and was given the run around. I waited on the report thinking my case would not be called early and missed my hearing. By the time I got to court with no report my case had been called and I lost. I waited because the report was my only evidence to support my claim.

My question is this do I have the right to demand my money back? The cost to me was $390. Now I am out that money and have to move very quickly which will be difficult because I havent found an apartment, have an 11 year old son in school and now will have a judgement against me.

Do I ahve any recourse against the company? I did not end up getting the report til after 5pm the day of my trial.
thanks for any help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">