• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money for business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

boobooandbean

My business partner and I set up an LLC in Minnesota for an internet retail business that we were creating. He backed out of the business after I put in almost $5,000 to develop the website, form the LLC, pay to have prototypes of our products designed and created, etc. Because he backed out, he agreed to pay me back my entire investment in full by September 15, 2008. I have three separate e-mail messages from him stating that AND there was a conversation that his wife witnessed where he agreed to pay me back by that date. He is now claiming he doesn't have to pay me because the last line of one of his commitment e-mails read "DO NOT CONTACT ME AGAIN." It was necessary to contact him again with information regarding closing our business bank account and terminating the LLC. Because I contacted him again, he said that because I broked the "condition" that I not contact him again, he is no longer going to repay me. I am wondering if I have any sort of legal recourse for reclaiming all or part of my money from him if he does not pay me by September 15, 2008?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">