• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money Loaned NEver PAid back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bishop.rc

Hi im from UK,

I have a problem.

My brother is a student who will soon be going to UNI, a family member ( our uncle) was facing problems just over 1 year ago so he came to us asking for help. My brother had saved just slightly over £1000 for his admission to uni and gave it to him since its our uncle and he promised to pay back within 2 months.

My mother and I were both witnesses to this verble agreement and also my brother has all valid bank slips to show he has taken out £1000 on that exact date.

It has now been 1 year since that agreement and when ever we call my uncle he says ill pay it back soon. He has even moved to about 100 miles away and letf his old home. Also he has never paid back yet he has had about £30000 (approx) come in from his old homes sale.

He also has bought 2 brand new cars and yes says to us he has no money.

I never made it to uni and it has been my fathers dream to see one of us make it. I wish i had money id help my brother.
I hope my brother does make it.

What we would like to know is if we can take action against my uncle for breaking a Verble Agreement?

Also i have studied Business Law in College so I know a little but I dont know if anything can be done.

Can someone please help us since the Uni admissions start in May we fear my bro may not get admitted.

Thankyou all for your intrest in this.

I did not desire to bring this matter to the open due to the fact it was a family member However I also believe that breaking a contract or agreement is totally wrong.

Thankyou

S

seniorjudge

"...What we would like to know is if we can take action against my uncle for breaking a Verble Agreement?..."

Verbles have been declared feral in UK so doubt it.

seniorjudge said:
Verbles have been declared feral in UK so doubt it.
The last thing anyone here, the UK and most especially at UNI would desire, would be to be overrun by a herd of wild and feral Verbles; so I clearly understand your concern.

Bishop.rc, what you need to clearly understand is that this site is for US law only. Sorry, no one here has a clue. Well, with the exception of SeniorJudge of course, he knows what a British Verble is, and how devestatingly dangerous they can be when unattended, or a Verble Agreement, broken.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">