• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money owed.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

algr420

What is the name of your state? RI
I had saved instant messenger conversations with a friend telling me that he will pay back money he owed. I sent them to myself through email to save them and so they could have a date.
Since I have to sue the friend now, how valid are saved instant messenger conversations?
Will I need stronger evidence?

S

seniorjudge

algr420 said:
What is the name of your state? RI
I had saved instant messenger conversations with a friend telling me that he will pay back money he owed. I sent them to myself through email to save them and so they could have a date.
Since I have to sue the friend now, how valid are saved instant messenger conversations?
Will I need stronger evidence?

Okay, we are in court.

Judge: Algr, what proof do you have that this guy owes you money?

Algr: Your honor, I have these instant messenger messages. (Shows printed pages.)

Judge: These things are easily faked. Can you say, "Dan Rather"? Any other evidence?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">