• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

money owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kenia

What is the name of your state? Michigan

I work for a trucking company, in 1998 my boss proposed an employment agreement so he could move to Arizona with his family. The term of the agreement was to begin September 1, 1998 and end December 31, 2002, which stated my duties would be to oversee office day to day operations, supervise the daily activities of office administrative assistant. My duties would include, but not be limited to processing all trucking contractors for hire, termination, etc. In consideration for meeting these goals and objectives that was set forth on a yearly basis, starting december 21, 1999 the employer shall escrow $10,000 a year and this would be yearly until 2002. In order to qualify for the yearly escrow, i had to to have continuous employment during the entire term of agreement.

I in turn drew up an agreement and presented it to him. Since he was moving to Arizona he said he would take it to Arizona and when he return we would discuss both agreements. Each trip he made back he claim to always be to busy to address this but promised he would take care of it. So I ran the day to day operation just as he wanted reporting to him weekly via telephone calls. Needless to say neither agreement was signed and ever time i would approach him he would say next time i come to town we will take care of it. He only came to town 1 week out of every quarter.

There are people within the company that knew about the agreement.

Is there any way i can get the money due me for the services i provided. I am still currently employed with the company and this will be my 12th year.

please reply

thanks

Last edited:

Kenia

BelizeBreeze said:
Money for what? You don't have an agreement.
isn't there a law that you states if services are provided that compensation is due (maybe not in those words) the intent was there and i provided the service

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">