• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

money owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mel2222

What is the name of your state? Arizona

Is a piece of paper signed by myself and a person who owes me money legal if it is notarized? Could I take this person to court if he doesn't pay me back? Do I have to state a specific time period in which he needs to pay me back for there to be a "limit" on when I can take him to court?

JETX

mel2222 said:
Is a piece of paper signed by myself and a person who owes me money legal if it is notarized?
No one can answer that without actually reading the paper.

Could I take this person to court if he doesn't pay me back?
You (and anyone else) can take that person to court for anything at all. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything.

Do I have to state a specific time period in which he needs to pay me back for there to be a "limit" on when I can take him to court?
Yes. If there is no deadline for payment(s), then there isn't a breach if it isn't paid.

BL

mel2222 said:
What is the name of your state? Arizona

Is a piece of paper signed by myself and a person who owes me money legal if it is notarized? Could I take this person to court if he doesn't pay me back? Do I have to state a specific time period in which he needs to pay me back for there to be a "limit" on when I can take him to court?
Yes , If it's dated and signed and has time frames to pay .

You Must go by time limits to sue SOL for your state .

Also, the Sol could start from the date of last contact on the matter .

JETX

This is SOOOOO wrong, it is hard to figure out where to start.....

Blonde Lebinese said:
Yes , If it's dated and signed and has time frames to pay .
Can't say without reading the agreement. Not all agreements are legal. There are certain key elements of a contract and if one of them are NOT there.... NOT a legally binding agreement.

You Must go by time limits to sue SOL for your state .
DOH!!!! Don't know where THAT came from!! :D

Also, the Sol could start from the date of last contact on the matter .
Sorry, but WRONG again.
A SOL (Statute of Limitations) 'clock' doesn't start until breach. If there is no date to start..... no breach.
Example:
1) "I will repay you within 30 days." Clear date, clear breach.
2) "I will repay you sometime in the future whenever I want." Where is the breach??

BL

Ok I said " IF " and I agree , you are correct also JetX .

Poster could you Post the exact Note word for word ?

wannabelwr

breach of agree.

my opion: I would say that if you can prove intent to defraud it might shine a different light on the subject. Contact friends and perhaps relatives on your side and see if you can get a history of ongoing similar or previous history.If so you could have a case!

BelizeBreeze

wannabelwr said:
my opion: I would say that if you can prove intent to defraud it might shine a different light on the subject. Contact friends and perhaps relatives on your side and see if you can get a history of ongoing similar or previous history.If so you could have a case!
If you want to be a lawyer then I suggest you learn to read. Start with the elements of a contract, voidability and the statute of frauds.

There is NOTHING in this post to suggest that fraud exists. Hell, there isn't even anything in this post to suggest a contract exists.

So, sit back and wait. because you have not only jumped the gun but the snake River Canyon on that "opion".

BL

BelizeBreeze said:
If you want to be a lawyer then I suggest you learn to read. Start with the elements of a contract, voidability and the statute of frauds.

There is NOTHING in this post to suggest that fraud exists. Hell, there isn't even anything in this post to suggest a contract exists.

So, sit back and wait. because you have not only jumped the gun but the snake River Canyon on that "opion".
Ohh .. All those Broken Bones Lol Jump Baby Jump !!!1

BelizeBreeze

wannabelwr said:
Key here is intent to decieve.
JESUS H. CHRIST you damn foole.

The KEY here is the you don't know $hit from shineola when it comes to contract law.

To prove Intent you require a VALID contract. Even if we assume there is a VALID contract, read Jet's reply again and come back here with half a brain and tell us WHY intent has nothing whatsoever to do with THIS POST!

wannabelwr

Sir Breeze

and what may I ask are your credentials? If that person has a history of shanking people though hard to prove it could be that this person was a scammer from the get go! If signed statements and witnesses can be presented
a judge could make a viable descision on that! unless you breeze can quote me state statutes.

BelizeBreeze

wannabelwr said:
and what may I ask are your credentials? If that person has a history of shanking people though hard to prove it could be that this person was a scammer from the get go! If signed statements and witnesses can be presented
a judge could make a viable descision on that! unless you breeze can quote me state statutes.
YOU point to the exact language in the CONTRACT that gives this poster ANY recourse you idiot! :rolleyes:
And FURTHERMORE, neither I nor anyone else is here to give you a free education on contract law. If you don't know the answer keep your mouth shut. You do no one any good spouting 'opion' when you can't even spell the word. It's OPINION!

BL

W#ow Breeze Tell M like it is . Lol State fer word fer word the Contract , Poster .

Then someone might be able to cite Law , otherwise you're spitting spit .

wannabelwr

to mel2222

heres what you can do. File suit for collection in claims. I do believe you have that right. a hearing date will be set both sides have the right to present your arguments. you do have evidence of the debt by the signed agreement. you can state your case that your belief is no intent to pay. I'm sure the judge will rule on some type of reasonable repayment arangement. and as far as some of these rude and immature people on these comments this room seems to have been intended to help people not display some peoples level of immaturity!

JETX

wannabelwr said:
A 'case' of what???
There is nothing in this thread to even suggest your post has ANY value. I think you are that example of 100 monkeys with 100 typewriters. Eventually, they will put together a complete sentence. Their 'sentence' has as much relevance to this thread as yours does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">