• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A mother of 2 owe me S$12,000, should I report to the police?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

symbian88

I used to work in a videogame shop 4 yeaes ago. I got to know this person as a regular customer. She seems to be a nice person and treated me and my colleague very well.

One day she came and approached me asking for a S$1000 personal loan to help her to get her son back from Thailand. She then promise to give me some extra money in return if i helped her, and on top of that she will write me a promisory note. In that note she mention that she will return me the money in 3 months time. I agreed.

To make the story short, she keep on returning and asking me for more money and also written me 5 more promisory note.

The catch was if I don't continue helping her, she can't get her son back and there will be no money for me.

She sucked me dry till I have no money and in total I loan her S$12,600.
After so many years, her son is still in thailand and she only returned me less then $1500. Now she completely never pay me, I keep on persuing her to give me back my money but, she ignored and even threatened to kill herself....

Can I let the police handle this case or seek other legal option? Please help. I understand the law may differ in different country. But I just want to hear from other people opinion before I take any action.

Thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

symbian88 said:
I used to work in a videogame shop 4 yeaes ago. I got to know this person as a regular customer. She seems to be a nice person and treated me and my colleague very well.

One day she came and approached me asking for a S$1000 personal loan to help her to get her son back from Thailand. She then promise to give me some extra money in return if i helped her, and on top of that she will write me a promisory note. In that note she mention that she will return me the money in 3 months time. I agreed.

To make the story short, she keep on returning and asking me for more money and also written me 5 more promisory note.

The catch was if I don't continue helping her, she can't get her son back and there will be no money for me.

She sucked me dry till I have no money and in total I loan her S$12,600.
After so many years, her son is still in thailand and she only returned me less then $1500. Now she completely never pay me, I keep on persuing her to give me back my money but, she ignored and even threatened to kill herself....

Can I let the police handle this case or seek other legal option? Please help. I understand the law may differ in different country. But I just want to hear from other people opinion before I take any action.

Thank you

- US Law Only -

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">