• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother in Nursing Home-Sister trying to intervene

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oldsinger4u

VaWhat is the name of your state?
I was taking care of my mother until I had to put her in a nursing home. It is not an easy task. Also had to get her approved for Medicaid which is a pain in the ... I have a sister and 2 brothers who did absolutely nothin to help. In fact my sister and I have not spoken in almost 6 months because of this issue. Mother has had several strokes which have caused dementia. My sister did not even visit her for about 5 months. I have handled everything for mom. Medicaid requires her to pay for the difference in the nursing home charges. NO One but me has been to visit her until Fri April 1. My sister apparently having guilt visits mom on Fri Apr 1. She takes mom to the bank and closes her account convincing mom I am taking her money. She is telling people I have a drug problem and supporting it with moms money! No one has Power of Attorney because mom is not capable of understanding what she is signing. I am very hurt and angry that she is lieing to every one about me and I dont know know what to do! There is more to story but I tried to make it short. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?

BlondiePB

oldsinger4u said:
VaWhat is the name of your state?
I was taking care of my mother until I had to put her in a nursing home. It is not an easy task. Also had to get her approved for Medicaid which is a pain in the ... I have a sister and 2 brothers who did absolutely nothin to help. In fact my sister and I have not spoken in almost 6 months because of this issue. Mother has had several strokes which have caused dementia. My sister did not even visit her for about 5 months. I have handled everything for mom. Medicaid requires her to pay for the difference in the nursing home charges. NO One but me has been to visit her until Fri April 1. My sister apparently having guilt visits mom on Fri Apr 1. She takes mom to the bank and closes her account convincing mom I am taking her money. She is telling people I have a drug problem and supporting it with moms money! No one has Power of Attorney because mom is not capable of understanding what she is signing. I am very hurt and angry that she is lieing to every one about me and I dont know know what to do! There is more to story but I tried to make it short. WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?
This is not a small claims issue, yet. However, call Adult Protective Services. Your mother cannot sign a POA due to her mental incapacity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">