• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion For Sanctions For Failure To Participate In Arbitration

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tinkerbutt

What is the name of your state? North Carolina.
This involves a small claims case over a pet.
At small claims, the judgement was if I kept the pet, I would pay $550.00 to the plantiff. I gladly got the $550 to pay but found out I needed to pay an additional $60.00 for costs and fees and $22.66 for interest. So I had to make a partial payment of $550 and owed $82.67.
The plantiff appealed the judgement and was granted an Arbitration. I was never notified of the Arbritration and a judgement was awarded without my presence. Then I filed an Trail De Novo for my chance in court. The Plantiff's Attorney filed an 'Motion For Sanctions For Failure To Participate In Arbitration' to stop the Trial De Novo.
I'm worried because the plantiff's attorney is already playing dirty deeds. Can I handle this myself, with advice, or should I contact an attorney? I make very, very, little earnings and had to borrow just to pay the $550. I would now give the dog back because I don't know if I can afford a continued fight and give it the care it needs.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">